SCU's AFC North Preview is a quick overview of the Steelers division opponents and their upcoming games.
While the Steelers have their game for Week 11 out of the way, they could potentially gain even more ground on the rest of their division this Sunday as the remainder of the AFC North is back in action. The Cincinnati Bengals travel to Denver to take on the Broncos, the Cleveland Browns host the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Baltimore Ravens go to Lambeau to confront the Steelers next opponent, the Green Bay Packers.
AFC North Standings
|Last Week||L 24-20 at Tennessee||L 41-16 vs. New England|
|Coach vs. Opp.||Marvin Lewis: 2-7||Vance Joseph: 0-0|
|Passing||Andy Dalton: 168-271-2004-13-8-88.3||Brock Osweiler: 39-75-447-2-3-62.5|
|Rushing||Joe Mixon (R): 107-321-3.0-3||C.J. Anderson: 126-536-4.3-1|
|Receiving||A.J. Green: 44-693-15.8-5||Demaryius Thomas: 48-569-11.9-2|
|Sacks||Geno Atkins: 6||Von Miller: 8|
|INTs||Many tied: 1||Many tied: 1|
|Take/Give||-9 (8/17)||-14 (7/21)|
|Punting (Net)||Kevin Huber: 48.0 (41.4)||Riley Dixon: 45.5 (39.4)|
|Kicking||Randy Bullock: 40 (16/17 PAT; 8/10 FG)||Brandon McManus: 64 (16/16 PAT; 16/21 FG)|
- LEADER: Broncos lead all-time series, 21-9
- LAST GAME: 9/25/16: Broncos 29 at Bengals 17
- STREAKS: Broncos have won past 2
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/28/15: Broncos 20, Bengals 17 (OT)"
- QB ANDY DALTON passed for 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 100.3 rating in Week 10. Has 100+ rating in 2 of past 3. In only career road meeting (9/18/11), passed for 332 yards with 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 107 rating. Has 155 career TD passes & passed CARSON PALMER (154) for 3rd most in franchise history.
- RB JOE MIXON (rookie) had rush TD last week. Aims for 3rd in row with rush TD. Is 1 of 3 NFL rookies (KAREEM HUNT & ALVIN KAMARA) with 300+ rush yards (321) & 200+ rec. yards (207).
- RB GIOVANI BERNARD is 1 of 3 NFL RBs (MATT FORTÉ & THEO RIDDICK) with 200+ catches (204) & 8+ TD catches (8) since 2013.
- WR A.J. GREEN had 115 rec. yards, incl. 70-yard TD, last week. Has 31 100+ rec. yard games, tied with CHAD JOHNSON for most in franchise history. Has 5 TD catches in past 7. Aims for 3rd in row at Den. with rec. TD.
- WR BRANDON LAFELL had 95 rec. yards & TD in Week 10. Has TD in 2 of past 3 on road.
- TE TYLER KROFT has 3 rec. TDs in past 4 on road.
- DT GENO ATKINS had sack last week. Has sack in 2 of past 3.
- Rookie LB CARL LAWSON had sack last week. Leads NFL rookies with 5.5 sacks. DE CARLOS DUNLAP has 5 sacks in past 3 vs. Den.
- CB DARQUEZE DENNARD had INT in Week 10. Is only NFL CB with 40+ tackles (49) & 2+ sacks (2).
- CB DRE KIRKPATRICK had career-high 2 INTs, incl. INT-TD, in 12/22/14 meeting.
- CB WILLIAM JACKSON had 1st career sack last week.
- QB BROCK OSWEILER passed for 299 yards with TD for 100.3 rating in only career meeting (12/28/15).
- RB C.J. ANDERSON has 85+ scrimmage yards in 4 of past 6 at home. Has rush TD in 2 of 3 career meetings.
- RB JAMAAL CHARLES has 387 scrimmage yards (129 per game) in past 3 meetings. Has 5.4 career yards per carry avg., highest in NFL history (min. 1,000 att.).
- WR EMMANUEL SANDERS had 137 rec. yards last week. Has 15 100+ rec. yard games since 2014, tied for 7th most in NFL. In last meeting, had 9 catches for 117 yards with 2 TDs. Has 5 TD catches in past 3 meetings.
- Sanders (288 catches, 4,004 rec. yards, 22 TDs) & WR DEMARYIUS THOMAS (354, 4,575, 24) are only pair of teammates with 280+ catches, 4,000+ rec. yards & 20+ rec. TDs each since 2014. Thomas had TD catch last week. Aims for 3rd in row with TD. Has 100+ rec. yards in 2 of past 3 meetings.
- LB VON MILLER has 4 sacks in past 4 at home. Has 5 sacks, FF & FR in past 5 meetings. Ties for 2nd in AFC with 11 TFL.
- LB SHANE RAY had career-high 3 sacks in last meeting. Has 3 sacks in past 4 at home.
- CB CHRIS HARRIS, JR. has 4 PD & 3 TFL in past 4 meetings.
- CB BRADLEY ROBY is only NFL CB with 40+ PD (41) & 2+ sacks (2) since 2014.
- S JUSTIN SIMMONS had sack last week. Is 1 of 2 AFC safeties (JORDAN POYER) with 45+ tackles (48), sack (1) & INT (1).
- S WILL PARKS had 1st career INT in last game vs. Cin.
On The Airwaves
- TV: CBS (4:25 PM ET): Greg Gumbel, Trent Green, Jamie Erdahl (Field reporter)
- SIRIUS: 135 (Cin), 157 (Den) | XM: 381 (Cin), 225 (Den)
|Last Week||W 20-17 (OT) vs. Los Angeles Chargers||L 38-24 at Detroit|
|Coach vs. Opp.||Doug Marrone: 1-1||Hue Jackson: 0-0|
|PTS. For/Against||25.1/14.9 (1L)||15.9/26.7|
|Passing||Blake Bortles: 167-285-1930-11-7-81.8||DeShone Kizer (R): 132-250-1376-4-12-54.4|
|Rushing||Leonard Fournette (R): 147-629-4.3-6||Isaiah Crowell: 118-441-3.7-2|
|Receiving||Marqise Lee: 38-493-13.0-2||Duke Johnson, Jr. (RB): 42-358-8.5-1|
|Sacks||Calais Campbell: 11 (2L)||Myles Garrett (R), Emmanuel Ogbah: 4|
|INTs||A.J. Bouye, Tashaun Gipson: 3||Jason McCourty: 3|
|Take/Give||+7 (T3L) (18/11)||-13 (10/23)|
|Punting (Net)||Brad Nortman: 45.3 (40.2)||Britton Colquitt: 49.2 (41.7)|
|Kicking||Josh Lambo: 26 (5/6 PAT; 7/7 FG)||Zane Gonzalez (R): 39 (15/16 PAT; 8/12 FG)|
- LEADER: Jaguars lead all-time series, 11-5
- LAST GAME: 10/19/14: Browns 6 at Jaguars 24
- STREAKS: Jaguars have won past 2
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/1/13: Jaguars 32, Browns 28
- QB BLAKE BORTLES has 90+ rating in 2 of past 3 vs. AFC North. Aims for 4th in row with 250+ pass yards.
- RB LEONARD FOURNETTE (rookie) has 130+ scrimmage yards in 3 of his past 4. In 3 career road games, has 453 scrimmage yards (151 per game) with 4 TDs (3 rush, 1 rec.). Leads NFL rookies with 6 rush TDs & ranks 2nd with 629 rush yards.
- RB CHRIS IVORY rushed for 91 yards with 2 TDs in his last game vs. Cle. (9/13/15 with NYJ). Aims for 3rd in row vs. Cle. with 100+ scrimmage yards.
- RB COREY GRANT had 56-yard rush TD on fake punt last week. Has 2 50+ yard runs on 4th down in 2017, more than all active players combined in their careers.
- WR MARQISE LEE had TD catch last week. Aims for 3rd in row with TD.
- TE MARCEDES LEWIS has rec. TD in 2 of past 3 meetings. Has 4 TD catches, 3rd most among AFC TEs.
- DE CALAIS CAMPBELL has 7.5 sacks in past 4 on road. Ranks 2nd in NFL with 11 sacks.
- CB A.J. BOUYE had 51- yard INT return in OT last week. Since 2016, has 27 PD, tied for 4th most in NFL.
- CB JALEN RAMSEY has 16 PD & 2 INTs in past 6 on road.
- LB TELVIN SMITH has 2+ TFL in 4 of past 5. Aims for 4th in row on road with 10+ tackles. Had sack, INT & FF in last meeting.
- DE YANNICK NGAKOUE has 7.5 sacks, 3 FFs & FR in past 5 on road.
- DE DANTE FOWLER, JR. aims for 5th in row on road with sack.
- S TASHAUN GIPSON had 14 INTs in 4 seasons with Cle. (2012-15). Has 17 INTs since 2013, 3rd most among NFL safeties.
- QB DESHONE KIZER (rookie) passed for 232 yards with TD & had rush TD last week. Has 3 games with pass TD & rush TD, 2nd most among NFL QBs. Leads AFC QBs with 4 rush TDs. Aims for 3rd in row with rush TD.
- RB ISAIAH CROWELL rushed for 90 yards & TD in Week
- 10. Has 213 scrimmage yards (106.5 per game) with 2 rush TDs in past 2. Aims for 3rd in row with rush TD.
- RB DUKE JOHNSON, JR. is 1 of 2 AFC RBs (KAREEM HUNT) with 300+ rec. yards (358) & 200+ rush yards (230). Ranks 2nd among AFC RBs with 42 catches.
- WR KENNY BRITT had rec. TD last week. Has 4 TD catches in past 5 vs. Jax.
- TE SETH DE VALVE led team with 70 rec. yards in Week 10.
- TE DAVID NJOKU ties for 2nd among rookie TEs with 3 TD catches.
- WR COREY COLEMAN has TD in 2 of his past 4 at home.
- LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY had sack last week. Has 25 tackles (12.5 per game) in past 2 home games. Had sack in last meeting. Is 1 of 5 in NFL with 325+ tackles (345) & 10+ sacks (10.5) since entering league in 2014.
- LB JOE SCHOBERT had sack in Week 10. Has 9+ tackles in 4 of past 5 at home.
- DE EMMANUEL OGBAH had 2 sacks last week, his 3rd career game with 1.5+ sacks.
- Rookie DE MYLES GARRETT has 4 sacks in his past 4. Ties for 2nd among rookies with 4 sacks.
- CB JASON MCCOURTY has INT in 2 of his past 3. Has 10+ tackles in 2 of past 3 vs.
- Jax. Leads team with 3 INTs & 9 PD.
On The Airwaves
- TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
- SIRIUS: 119 (Jax), 112 (Cle) | XM: 380 (Jax), 228 (Cle)
|Last Week||Bye (Wk. 9: L 23-20 at Tennessee)||W 23-16 at Chicago|
|Coach vs. Opp.||John Harbaugh: 0-2||Mike McCarthy: 2-0|
|Passing||Joe Flacco: 187-291-1551-8-10-72.7||Brett Hundley: 75-122-701-2-4-69.0|
|Rushing||Alex Collins: 93-521-5.6-0||Ty Montgomery: 71-273-3.8-3|
|Receiving||Javorius Allen (RB): 39-189-4.8-2||Davante Adams: 42-494-11.8-6 (T3L)|
|Sacks||Terrell Suggs: 5.5||Nick Perry: 7|
|INTs||Brandon Carr, Eric Weddle: 3||Damarious Randall: 3|
|Take/Give||+4 (18/14)||+6 (15/9)|
|Punting (Net)||Sam Koch: 46.1 (41.3)||Justin Vogel (R): 45.1 (43.5)|
|Kicking||Justin Tucker: 68 (17/17 PAT; 17/20 FG)||Mason Crosby: 54 (21/23 PAT; 11/14 FG)|
- LEADER: Packers lead all-time series, 4-1
- LAST GAME: 10/13/13: Packers 19 at Ravens 17
- STREAKS: Packers have won past 2
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 12/7/09: Packers 27, Ravens 14
- QB JOE FLACCO passed for 342 yards with 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 112.6 rating in last meeting. Aims for 4th in row on road vs. NFC with 0 INTs.
- RB ALEX COLLINS has 189 scrimmage yards (94.5 per game) in past 2. Ranks 2nd in NFL with 5.6 yards per carry avg.
- RB JAVORIUS ALLEN had TD catch in Week 9.
- WR JEREMY MACLIN led team with 98 rec. yards in
- Week 9. In past 2 vs. GB, has 17 catches for 234 rec. yards (117 per game) with 2 TDs. Aims for 4th in row vs. GB with TD catch.
- WR MIKE WALLACE had TD in Week 9. Has 3 TD catches in his past 4 meetings. Is 1 of 3 active players (JULIO JONES & DE SEAN JACKSON) with 500+ catches (506) & 15+ yards per catch avg. (15.0). TE
- BENJAMIN WATSON had TD in only career game at GB
- (11/19/06 with NE). Has 38 catches, tied for 6th most among AFC TEs.
- LB C.J. MOSLEY has 40 tackles (10 per game) with 4
- TFL, FF & FR in past 4 vs. NFC. Is only NFL player with 75+ tackles (76), 2+ INTs (2) & sack (1).
- S ERIC WEDDLE had INT in Week 9. Is 1 of 3 active safeties (REGGIE NELSON & MIKE ADAMS) with 25+ career INTs (26) & 5+ sacks (7.5).
- LB TERRELL SUGGS had sack in Week
- 9. LB MATT JUDON has 7 TFL & 3 sacks in past 4.
- S LARDARIUS WEBB is only NFL safety with 15+ INTs (15) & 85+ PD (85) since 2010.
- CB JIMMY SMITH had INT in last meeting. Leads team with 8 PD.
- QB BRETT HUNDLEY earned 1st career win in Week
- 10. Completed 18 of 25 (72 pct.) with TD for career-high
- 110.8 rating last week, incl.158.3 rating (highest attainable mark) in 4th Q.
- RB TY MONTGOMERY had career-long 37-yard rush TD in Week 10.
- Rookie RB JAMAAL WILLIAMS had career- high 67 rush yards last week.
- WR JORDY NELSON ties for 3rd in NFL with 6 rec. TDs. Had 113 rec. yards & TD in last meeting. In past 5 at home vs. AFC, has 32 receptions for 526 yards (105.2 per game) & 6 TDs. Aims for 6th in row vs. AFC with TD catch.
- WR DAVANTE ADAMS led team with 90 rec. yards & TD last week. Has 233 rec. yards (77.7 per game) in past 3 vs. AFC. Since 2016, Nelson (20) & Adams (18) rank 1st & 2nd in TD catches.
- In past 8 at home vs. AFC, WR RANDALL COBB has 9 rec. TDs.
- LB CLAY MATTHEWS had 2 sacks in last home meeting. Has 7 sacks & 2 FFs in 7 career meetings vs. AFC North.
- LB NICK PERRY had career-high 3 sacks in Week 10. Has 5.5
- sacks, FF & FR in past 5. Had sack & FF in last meeting. Has 5 sacks in past 5 at home.
- S HA HA CLINTON-DIX has 21 tackles & INT in past 3 at home. LB BLAKE MARTINEZ leads team & ties for 3rd in NFC with 75 tackles. Has 10+ tackles in 4 of past 5. Has 25 tackles & FF in past 2 at home.
- CB DAVON HOUSE has 23 tackles, sack & INT in past 3. Has 2 INTs & 7 PD in 3 career meetings.
On The Airwaves
- TV: CBS (1:00 PM ET): Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
- NATIONAL RADIO: Westwood One: Tom McCarthy, Ross Tucker
- SIRIUS: 134 (Bal), 103 (GB) | XM: 384 (Bal), 226 (GB)
Statistics and game information courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or National Football League.