Chasing History: Ben Roethlisberger
Terry Bradshaw has been far and wide considered the greatest Steelers QB ever. However, Ben Roethlisberger is within reach of Terry’s golden mark: most wins in franchise history.
Here’s a number of other intriguing facts about Big Ben, following the Steelers big win over San Francisco:
- With a win, would improve to 108-53 as a starter during the regular season, including 2-0 all-time against St. Louis.
- With a win, would break a tie with Terry Bradshaw for the most wins in franchise history by a quarterback.
- Needs 223 passing yards to become the first Steelers quarterback with 40,000 and to become the ninth passer in league history to reach the mark with one team.
- With 3,000 passing yards in 2015, will become the fifth quarterback in NFL history to throw for 3,000 yards in 10 consecutive seasons.
- Will record his 40th 300-yard passing game with his next such game in 2015 and become the ninth signal caller to do so with one franchise.
Statistics courtesy of Steelers.com