Fast Facts: Steelers vs. Bills
Fast Facts is a weekly series featuring a quick glance at the upcoming Steelers game.
The opening line has the Steelers as a 2 point favorite. The over/under is 47 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5) at Buffalo Bills (6-6)
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
- Overall regular-season record: 99-57 (.635)/10th season
- Regular-season record with Pittsburgh: 99-57 (.635)/10th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 6-5 (.545)/six years
Buffalo Bills Head Coach Rex Ryan
- Overall regular-season record: 60-64 (.484)/8th season
- Regular-season record with Buffalo: 14-14 (.500)/2nd season
- Playoff Record/Years: 4-2 (.667)/two years
By The Numbers
- QB Ben Roethlisberger has 1,085 pass yards (271.3 per game) & 8 pass TDs vs. 1 INT for 110.3 rating in past 4.
- RB Le’Veon Bell aims for 5th in row with 100+ scrimmage yards. Leads NFL with 146.4 scrimmage yards per game avg. Ranks 2nd among NFL RBs with 63 receptions.
- WR Antonio Brown & Roethlisberger have connected on 49 TDs, tied for most TDs from QB to WR in franchise history. Has 6 rec. TDs in past 5. Leads NFL with 11 rec. TDs & ties for league lead with 88 catches. Since 2011, has 598 catches & 7,978 rec. yards, both most in NFL.
- TE Ladarius Green had career-high 110 rec. yards & TD last week.
- LB Lawrence Timmons had INT last week. Had sack in last meeting.
- LB James Harrison has 5 sacks in past 5. Aims for 4th in row with sack vs. Buf. Is franchise leader with 79.5 sacks.
- Rookie S Sean Davis had 1st career INT last week.
- Series History: Series began in 1970
- Overall Regular Season: Steelers lead, 13-8
- At Pittsburgh: Steelers lead, 8-1
- At Buffalo: Bills lead, 7-5
- Neutral Sites: N/A
- Streak: Steelers won previous five meetings
- Last Regular-Season Meeting: Nov. 10, 2013, in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 23, Buffalo 10
- Postseason Series: Steelers lead, 2-1
- Last Postseason Meeting: Jan. 6, 1996, in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 40, Buffalo 21 – AFC Divisional
- (preseason and postseason record not included in overall series record)
This week’s game will mark the 22nd regular-season meeting between Pittsburgh and Buffalo, with the Steelers holding a five-game advantage in the series (13-8)… Sunday’s game will be the 13th time the two teams will meet in Buffalo where the Steelers have won each of the previous three meetings… the two teams have met three times in the month of December (Steelers lead, 2-1).
Statistics and game information courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or National Football League.