Fast Facts: Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers
Fast Facts is a weekly series featuring a quick glance at the upcoming Steelers game.
If you’re betting on the preseason, you’ll be happy to know these odds.
The current line at publishing time has the Steelers as a 4.5 point favorite. The over/under is 37.5 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Carolina Panthers (2-1)
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
- Overall regular-season record: 103-57 (.644)/11th season
- Regular-season record with Pittsburgh: 103-57 (.644)/11th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 8-6 (.571)/seven years
Carolina Panthers Head Coach Ron Rivera
- Overall regular-season record: 53-42-1 (.557)/7th season
- Regular-season record with Carolina: 53-42-1 (.557)/7th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 3-3 (.500)/three years
- Series History: Series began in 1996
- Overall Regular Season: Steelers lead, 5-1
- At Pittsburgh: Steelers lead, 3-0
- At Carolina: Steelers lead, 2-1
- Neutral Sites: n/a
- Streak: Steelers won previous meeting
- Last Regular-Season Meeting: Sept. 21, 2014 at Carolina
Pittsburgh 37, Carolina 18
- Postseason Series: n/a
(preseason and postseason record not included in overall series record)
This is the 15th consecutive preseason these two teams will square off in the preseason finale…the Steelers and Panthers have played one another in 18 preseason games, but have only faced each other six times during the regular season… the Steelers have defeated the Panthers in six of the last 10 preseason matchups between these two clubs, dating back to 2007… Pittsburgh leads the overall preseason series 10-8.
- Date: Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017
- Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET
- Site: Bank of America Stadium (75,525) • Charlotte, N.C.
- Playing Surface: Natural Grass
- TV Coverage: KDKA, channel 2
- Announcers: Bob Pompeani (play-by-play) | Charlie Batch (analyst) | Missi Matthews (sideline)
- Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
- Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) | Tunch Ilkin (analyst) | Craig Wolfl ey (sideline)
Statistics and game information courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or National Football League.