Fast Facts is a weekly series featuring a quick glance at the upcoming Steelers game.
Say it isn’t so… but there are preseason odds and betting!
The current line at publishing time has the Steelers as a 3.5 point favorite. The over/under is 38 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) at New York Giants (0-0)
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
- Overall regular-season record: 103-57 (.644)/11th season
- Regular-season record with Pittsburgh: 103-57 (.644)/11th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 8-6 (.571)/seven years
New York Giants Head Coach Ben McAdoo
- Overall regular-season record: 11-5 (.688)/2nd season
- Regular-season record with New York: 11-5 (.688)/2nd season
- Playoff Record/Years: 0-1 (.000)/one year
- Series History: Series began in 1933
- Overall Regular Season: Giants lead, 44-30-3
- At Pittsburgh: Giants lead, 22-14-3
- At New York: Giants lead, 22-16
- Neutral Sites: N/A
- Streak: Steelers won previous two meetings
- Last Regular-Season Meeting: Dec. 4, 2016, in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 24, New York 14
- Postseason Series: N/A
(preseason and postseason record not included in overall series record)
Pittsburgh and the New York Giants will meet for the third time in preseason action since 2000… the Steelers and Giants have split each of the previous two preseason games played between the two teams (2010: W, 24-17 in Pittsburgh and 2014: L, 20-16 at New York).
- DATE: Friday, Aug. 11, 2017
- KICKOFF: 7 p.m. ET
- SITE: MetLife Stadium (82,500) • East Rutherford, N.J.
- PLAYING SURFACE: UBU Speed Series S5M
- TV COVERAGE: KDKA, channel 2
ANNOUNCERS: Bob Pompeani (play-by-play) | Charlie Batch (analyst) | Missi Matthews (sideline)
- LOCAL RADIO: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
ANNOUNCERS: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) | Tunch Ilkin (analyst) | Craig Wolfley (sideline)
Statistics and game information courtesy of the Pittsburgh Steelers and/or National Football League.