Greatest WR Tournament – Round 1 – Stallworth vs. Mathews
Why these two wide receivers were selected for the tournament:
- 4× AFC Champion (1974, 1975, 1978, 1979)
- 3× Pro Bowl selection (1979, 1982, 1984)
- AP First-Team All-Pro selection (1979)
- 4× Super Bowl champion (IX, X, XIII, XIV)
- PFW NFL Comeback Player of the Year (1984)
- Pittsburgh Steelers 50th season All-Time Team
- Pittsburgh Steelers All-Time Team
- Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee (2002)
- 2012 Pittsburgh Pro Football Hall of Fame
Stallworth played in six AFC championships, and went to four Super Bowls. His career statistics included 537 receptions for 8,723 yards and 63 TDs. His receptions were a franchise record until that record was surpassed by Hines Ward in 2005. Stallworth played in three Pro Bowls and was the Steelers’ two-time MVP. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2002.
#15 Ray Mathews
- 2x Pro Bowl
- Lead team in receiving 3 seasons
During his nine years with the Pittsburgh Steelers (1951–1959) Mathews had 230 receptions for 3,919 yards and 34 touchdowns also rushed for 1,057 yards and five touchdowns in 300 attempts during his 108 regular season games with the Steelers.