Stats and information for the Steelers and Browns this Sunday
Fast Facts is a weekly series featuring a quick glance at the upcoming Steelers game, including odds, records, things to watch for, and how to watch/listen to the game.
The opening line from online betting sites has the Steelers as an 11-point favorite. The over/under is 38 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) vs. Cleveland Browns (0-15)
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
- Overall regular-season record: 115-60 (.657)/11th season
- Regular-season record with Pittsburgh: 115-60 (.657)/11th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 8-6 (.571)/seven years
Cleveland Browns Head Coach Hue Jackson
- Overall regular-season record: 9-38 (.191)/third season
- Regular-season record with Cleveland: 1-30 (.032)/second season
- Playoff Record/Years: n/a
- Series History: Series began in 1950
- Overall Regular Season: Steelers lead, 71-58
- In Pittsburgh: Steelers lead, 43-21
- At Cleveland: Browns lead, 37-28
- Neutral Sites: n/a
- Streak: Steelers won previous five meetings
- Last Regular-Season Meeting: Sept. 10, 2017, at Cleveland
Pittsburgh 30, Houston 23
- Postseason Series: Steelers lead, 2-0
- Last Postseason Meeting: Jan. 5, 2003, in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh 36, Cleveland 33 – AFC Wild Card
(preseason and postseason record not included in overall series record)
This week’s game will mark the 130th regular-season meeting between Pittsburgh and Cleveland…the Steelers own a 13-game advantage in the regular-season series against the Browns (71-58)… Sunday’s game will be the 65th time the two teams will meet in Pittsburgh where the Steelers have won 43 of the previous 64 games…the Steelers have Browns have met 16 times at Heinz Field, where Pittsburgh owns a 15-1 record against Cleveland…the two teams have met 20 times in the month of December during the regular season (Steelers lead, 13-7).
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017
- Kickoff: 1 p.m. ET
- Site: Heinz Field (68,400) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Playing Surface: Natural Grass
- TV Coverage: CBS (locally KDKA-TV, channel 2)
Announcers: Spero Dedes (play-by-play) | Adam Archuleta (analyst)
- Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play) | Tunch Ilkin (analyst) | Craig Wolfley (sideline)
- National Radio: Westwood One
- SIRIUS: 119 (Cle), 93 (Pit) | XM: 384 (Cle), 225 (Pit)
- Referee: Jerome Boger
- LEADER: Steelers lead all-time series, 71-58
- LAST GAME: 9/10/17: Steelers 21 at Browns 18
- STREAKS: Steelers have won past 5
- LAST GAME AT SITE: 1/1/17: Steelers 27, Browns 24 (OT)
- QB DE SHONE KIZER had pass TD & rush TD in last meeting. Has 2,580 pass yards, 2nd most by rookie in team history (BRANDON WEEDEN, 3,385 in 2012).
- RB ISAIAH CROWELL rushed for career-high 152 yards
in last game at Pit. Has 100+ scrimmage yards in 2 of past 3 on road vs. division.
- RB DUKE JOHNSON, JR. had 101 scrimmage yards (81 rec., 20 rush) last week. Has TD in 2 of past 3 vs. division. Has 6.6 yards per touch avg., 3rd highest among NFL RBs. Since entering league in 2015, has 1,666 rec. yards, most among NFL RBs. Is 1 of 2 RBs in NFL history (HERSCHEL WALKER) with 50+ catches & 500+ rec. yards in each of 1st 3 seasons.
- WR JOSH GORDON has 21 catches for 319 yards (159.5 per game) & TD in his past 2 vs. Pit.
- WR COREY COLEMAN had rec. TD in last meeting.
- TE SETH DE VALVE had TD catch in last game at Pit.
- LB CHRISTIAN KIRKSEY ranks 2nd in NFL with 132
tackles. Has 3 sacks & 6 TFL in past 3 at Pit. Aims for 4th road meeting in row with sack. Has 39 tackles (9.8 per game) in past 4.
- LB JOE SCHOBERT ties for 4th in NFL with 130 tackles. Had 9 tackles in last meeting. Has 10+ tackles in 2 of past 3 on road. Kirksey (132) & Schobert (130) are only pair of NFL teammates with 125+ tackles each.
- Rookie DE MYLES GARRETT had sack last week.
- S DERRICK KINDRED had 1st career INT in last game vs. Pit.
- DE CARL NASSIB aims for 3rd in row vs. Pit. with sack.
- STEELERS won AFC North & earned 1st rd. bye. Can secure home-field advantage with win & NE loss.
- QB BEN ROETHLISBERGER ranks 2nd in NFL with 4,251 pass yards & ties for 4th with 28 TD passes. Aims for 8th in row with 2+ TD passes. In past 4 vs. Cle., has 1,158 pass yards (289.5 per game) with 8 TDs & 98.4 rating. Has 100+ rating in 6 of past 7 home meetings. Aims for 3rd in row at home vs. Cle. with 350+ pass yards.
- RB LE’VEON BELL ranks 2nd in NFL with 1,946 scrimmage yards & is 3rd with 1,291 rush yards. Is only player in Steelers history with 2 seasons with 1,900+ scrimmage yards. Has 744 scrimmage yards (124 per game) & 3 rush TDs in 6 career games vs. Cle. Has 90+ scrimmage yards in 13 consecutive home games. Had rush TD last week.
- WR MARTAVIS BRYANT has TD catch in 2 of past 3 at home. Had 6 catches for 178 yards & TD in only career home game vs. Cle. (11/15/15).
- Rookie WR JU JU SMITH-SCHUSTER has 189 rec. yards (94.5 per game) & TD catch in past 2. Ties for lead among rookies with 6 rec. TDs & ranks 2nd with 774 rec. yards.
- TE JESSE JAMES had 2 TDs in last meeting.
- DE CAMERON HEYWARD had sack in last meeting. Has 6.5 sacks in past 8 vs. Cle.
- CB MIKE HILTON had career-high 3 sacks last week, most by NFL DB in single game since 2005 (ADRIAN WILSON).
- Rookie LB T.J. WATT had 2 sacks & INT in last meeting.