Fast Facts is a weekly series featuring a quick glance at the upcoming Steelers game, including odds, records, things to watch for, and how to watch/listen to the game.
Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) at Philadelphia Eagles (0-0)
Pittsburgh Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin
- Overall regular-season record: 116-60 (.659)/12th season
- Regular-season record with Pittsburgh: 116-60 (.659)/12th season
- Playoff Record/Years: 8-7 (.533)/eight years
Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson
- Overall regular-season record: 20-12 (.625)/third season
- Regular-season record with Philadelphia: 20-12 (.625)/third season
- Playoff Record/Years: 3-0 (1.000)/one year
- Series History: Series began in 1933
- Overall Regular Season: Eagles lead, 47-28-3
- At Pittsburgh: Even, 19-19-1
- At Philadelphia: Eagles lead, 28-9-2
- Neutral Sites: n/a
- Streak: Eagles won previous meeting
- Last Regular-Season Meeting: Sept. 25, 2016, at Philadelphia
- Philadelphia 34, Pittsburgh 3
- Postseason Series: Eagles lead, 1-0
- Last Postseason Meeting: Dec. 21, 1947 in Pittsburgh
- Philadelphia 21, Pittsburgh 0 - Divisional Playoff
Pittsburgh and the Philadelphia Eagles will meet for the 11th time in preseason action since 2000...the Steelers and Eagles have split each of the previous 10 preseason games played between the two teams.
- Date: Thursday, Aug. 9, 2018
- Kickoff: 7 p.m. ET
- Site: Lincoln Financial Field (69,176) • Philadelphia, Pa.
- Playing Surface: Natural Grass
- TV Coverage: CBS (locally KDKA-TV, channel 2)
- Announcers: Bob Pompeani (play-by-play), Charlie Batch (analyst), Missi Matthews (sideline)
- Local Radio: Steelers Radio Network
WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970)
- Announcers: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Tunch Ilkin (analyst), Craig Wolfley (sideline)
Steelers 2018 Draft Class
S Terrell Edmunds (6-1, 217)
Rd. 1 28th Overall
Played collegiate football at Virginia Tech where he appeared in 37 games, making 31 starts…he totaled 182 tackles, including 6.5 tackles for losses…Edmunds started all 10 games en route to recording 59 tackles during the 2017 season.
WR James Washington (5-11, 213)
Rd. 2 60th Overall
Set an Oklahoma State University school record with 4,472 career receiving yards, also the second-best receiving yardage total in Big 12 conference history…he became one of two players in school history with three seasons of at least 1,000 receiving yards and three years with at least 10 touchdown catches.
QB Mason Rudolph (6-5, 235)
Rd. 3 76th Overall
Led Oklahoma State University to a 32-9 record as the quarterback to produce the winningest record by a signal caller in school history…he finished his career holding no fewer than 54 school records, including single-season and career marks for passing yards, passing touchdowns and pass efficiency…his 13,618 career passing yards rank him fourth in Big 12 conference history.
OL Chukwuma Okorafor (6-8, 320)
Rd. 3 92nd Overall
At Western Michigan University, started each of his final 39 games… he was a first-team All-American selection following the 2017 campaign by the Football Writers Association of America.
S Marcus Allen (6-2, 215)
Rd. 5 148th Overall
Became the sixth player in Penn State football history to reach the 300-tackle mark in a career…his 321 stops rank fifth in program history… he was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2017, starting 13 games and recording 72 tackles (46 solo).
RB Jaylen Samuels (6-0, 225)
Rd. 5 165th Overall
Established a North Carolina State University school record for receptions in a career, finishing with 202…his 47 total touchdowns place him second in program annals and he finished fourth in touchdown receptions (19) and sixth in touchdown runs (28).
DT Joshua Frazier (6-4, 315)
Rd. 7 246th Overall
Played in 40 career games at the University of Alabama…he recorded 28 tackles (11 solo), with 4.5 tackles for losses, 2.0 sacks, one forced fumble and three passes defensed.